Advancing the research, education and public understanding of philanthropy is the mission of Giving USA Foundation, founded in 1985 by The Giving Institute.
Headquartered in Chicago, the Foundation publishes data and trends about charitable giving through its seminal publication, Giving USA:The Annual Report on Philanthropy, and quarterly reports on topics related to philanthropy. Published since 1956, Giving USA is the longest running, most comprehensive report on philanthropy in America.
Release date for Giving USA 2018: The Annual Report on Philanthropy for the Year 2017 -
Tuesday, June 12, 2018.
Giving USA 2017: The Annual Report on Philanthropy for the Year 2016
About Giving USA: The Annual Report on Philanthropy
Giving USA: The Annual Report on Philanthropy is the seminal publication reporting on the sources and uses of charitable giving in the United States.
For over 60 years, fundraisers, nonprofit leaders, donors and volunteers, scholars, and other individuals who work in or with the charitable sector have counted on Giving USA to provide the most comprehensive charitable giving data available. No other source provides the context for annual giving like Giving USA. Giving USA’s long history is the result of its time-tested adherence to using the most rigorous methodologies available for estimating total charitable giving in the U.S. each year. This includes incorporating the most up-to-date data and methodological approaches available within the estimating procedures it uses year after year.
Ways to Use Giving USA
The insight and information in Giving USA is often used by major donors, nonprofit executives and managers, fundraising professionals, financial advisors, foundation boards, and other decision makers to plan strategies and identify opportunities in charitable giving. Leaders in philanthropy rely on and consult Giving USA so they can act on the emerging challenges and trends affecting philanthropy and fundraising.
Giving USA can help your organization:
- Benchmark fundraising performance against national data;
- Plan for the future, based on long-term trends in giving;
- Educate new staff members and board members in the broad context of philanthropic giving, so that they may have a better understanding of the organization’s funding patterns;
- Include up-to-date information about philanthropy overall and by sub-sector in speeches, publications, press releases, and internal communications; and
- Learn about and access recent studies and other resources that can help strengthen your fundraising, grant making, or other philanthropic activity.