Members, please log in before registering.
| GI Member
|Board Reception and Dinner Event
Thursday, November 3
Board and Committee Meetings 8:00am-3:45pm
Educational Sessions 10:30am -12:00pm | 4:00-5:30pm
Board Dinner at Rural Society 6:30 pm
- Joint Executive Committee 8:00-10:00 AM
- GI Member Lunch 12:00-1:00 PM
- Program & Education Committee 1:15-2:30 PM
- Resource Development Committee 1:15-2:30 PM
- Marketing Committee 2:30-3:45 PM
- Membership Committee 2:30-3:45 PM
- Changing Dynamics of Collective Giving and the Fundraising Opportunities and Challenges That These Trends Represent 10:30am - 12:00pm | Jason Franklin, W.K. Kellogg Community Philanthropy Chair, Dorothy A. Johnson Center for Philanthropy, Grand Valley State University
- Educational Session 4:00-5:30 PM
Friday, November 4
- From Ned Flanders to Montgomery Burns: Understanding the Determinants of Giving 8:30-10:00am | Dr. Daniel Hungerman, Associate Professor of Economics, University of Notre Dame
- Giving USA Foundation Board Meeting 10:30-11:30am
- Giving Institute Board Meeting 11:30am-12:30pm
The November meetings will take place at the W Chicago - Lakeshore. Reservations should be made no later than Monday, October 10 and cannot be guaranteed even before this date.
To book, please call the hotel directly at 312.943.9200. Identify yourself as a GI attendee to receive the discounted group rate of $259/night. Alternatively, you can book directly online.
Rooms are not available online for attendees wishing to depart Saturday or later. If you have a stay that requires a Saturday or later departure, please call the hotel directly at 312.943.9200 for the best available rates.
Refunds, minus a $25 administrative fee for all events for which a fee was charged, will be issued on written cancellations received on or before Monday, October 3, 2016. Phone cancellations WILL NOT be accepted. Registrants assume full responsibility for notification to and verification of receipt by the Giving Institute 2016 November Meetings. Refunds will be processed 2-3 weeks after the meeting.
Refunds or credits will not be given for failure to attend, late arrival, flight/transportation cancellations, unattended events or early departure. In the rare event of a meeting cancellation, Giving Institute is not responsible for nor will provide refunds for costs associated with travel, airfare, hotel or transportation costs incurred by the registered attendee. It is always recommended that the registrant considering purchasing independent travel insurance.
Giving Institute registration fees are not tax-deductible as a charitable contribution, but may be deductible as a business expense. Consult your tax advisor.
Registration and attendance at or participation in the GI November Meetings constitutes an agreement by the registrant to GI's use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproduction and audiotapes of such events activities.