2015 Gurin Forum
The Future of Donor-Advised Funds
November 13, 2015
Giving to donor-advised funds is over 5% of all giving today, and growing. Hear the latest research on why donors are choosing this giving vehicle and how charities can successfully engage. The Gurin Forum aims to bring attention to timely issues facing the nonprofit sector and to honor Maurice Gilbert Gurin, a foremost leader and thinker who impacted the evolution of philanthropy.
- Can charities adapt to donors' shifting giving behaviors?
- What's next as a result of donor-advised funds?
Introduction- Aggie Sweeney, Vice Chair, Giving USA Foundation and Division President & CEO, Campbell & Company
Moderator - Stacy Palmer, Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Keith Curtis, Chair, Giving USA Foundation and President & CEO of The Curtis Group,
- Shawn Donnelley, Donor Advised Fundholder and Chicago Community Trust Board Member
- Ray Madoff, Boston College law professor and public policy expert
- Matt Nash, Senior Vice President of Donor Engagement, Fidelity Charitable
- Una Osili, PhD, Director of Research, Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at Indiana University
- Jamie Phillippe, VP of Development and Donor Relations, Chicago Community Trust
Gurin Forum Live Broadcast Powered by:
Recordings of the live broadcast will be available in early December
2012 Gurin Forum
Enabling Fundraising Success: The CEO-CDO Partnership
November 2, 2012
The 2012 Gurin Forum featured panels of CDOs and CEOs discussing the opportunities and challenges they face in an increasingly complex fundraising environment. The program discussed the relationship between the CDO and CEO, their mutual expectations, and the need to manage those expectations appropriately, as well as the role of the CDO as a senior officer of the organization and related issues.
The discussion was moderated by Stacy Palmer, editor of the Chronicle of Philanthropy and included the following panelists:
- Dean Harrison, President & CEO, Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
- Rev. Dennis Holtschneider, President, DePaul University
- Betsy Hughes, Vice President, Institutional Advancement, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Sophia Siskel, President & CEO, Chicago Botanic Garden
- Randy Varju, FAHP, CFRE, President and Chief Development Officer, Advocate Charitable Foundation
Gurin Forum 2012 Videos