Our vision is simple. We want to develop extraordinary leaders in the world of philanthropy. Everything we do is designed to help elevate the fundraising consulting and nonprofit services industry and enhance the philanthropic sector, all while advancing your own career.
Giving Institute Membership Procedure
- A potential member submits an application for membership and a list of up to 25 clients served within the past year. Client lists should be emailed to Michelle Goldberg. Staff will request contact information for three of the contacts on provided list for survey and comment.
- After review of received comments from applicant clients, application will be submitted to The Giving Institute board for vote.
- Staff will notify applicant of membership status.
Questions? Contact Michelle Goldberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As new members, Aly Sterling Philanthropy is thrilled by what we are experiencing and the benefits we are receiving. In only a few months I’ve gained access to industry thought-leaders who have inspired me to think and lead differently and have met peers who are open to sharing their success and challenges. The Giving Institute deserves its stellar reputation and abundantly illustrates its relevance to our growing and global industry.
Eight Benefits of Membership
- Critical learning, skill building, and professional development through symposia and educational programs tailored for the consulting firm executive.
- Opportunities for networking, mentoring, and information sharing with member firms of all sizes and in all major markets serving the US, Canada, and philanthropic communities worldwide. These formal and informal alliances have often led to cross references and joint venture opportunities among member firms.
- Marketing differentiation through brand equity—the prestige of membership and being affiliated with leading firms that all commit to high standards and ethical practice.
- Giving USA insiders’ access to the researchers and editorial board, putting member firms one step ahead with reliable analysis of giving patterns and trends. Not only do members have access to the researchers and product itself, but they also have access to the media
- Trusted colleagues beyond your own firm and the opportunity to access other leaders in the industry in formal and informal settings.
- Inclusion of your firm on The Giving Institute website, including alphabetical, regional, and specialty listing, and electronic referrals from all website inquiries.
- Professional affiliations with leading aligned associations, currently including BoardSource and CFRE International, offering special benefits including membership, cost savings, and insider access. The Giving Institute is an approved provider for continuing CFRE education credits and member firms receive reduced fees for certification and recertification. All member firms receive a free membership in BoardSource and the opportunity to attend educational programs or purchase resources at a reduced cost
- Opportunity to influence public opinion, legislation, standards of practice, ethical codes, and other elements providing direction to the industry and changing the direction of philanthropy across our country and worldwide.